Bone Requires Bone




bone requires bone #4
 

seventeen slabs of flesh rise to gasp in a room where there can only be oxygen for one man that cannot understand why the twisted faces in front of him do not mirror his joy he leaves the room he leaves the room hallelujah he leaves the room

 
 bone requires bone #5

 
the metal birds do not sing and do not carry water correct me about the usefulness of the truck trailers with their computer screens and gamer fiends correct me as i am always corrected one quadrant at a time one missile for one cell at a time let the modern intercourse remake me a death virgin lost through the attention of my protectors let their drool hit the screen as a promise that they can keep without the flex of a muscle

 
bone requires bone #6
 

memorize the poems they will search our bodies for them do not let go of the poems when they grow frustrated and start to un-glove their hands flex your jaw a bit after they gag you so that i know the poems are still inside you let the poems replace your ligaments run forever with the poems when they put their knees on your chest to plant you where they believe they can bury a garden

 

Darren C. Demaree

 

My poems have appeared, or are scheduled to appear in numerous magazines/journals, including Diode, Meridian, New Letters, Diagram, and the Colorado Review.

I am the author of eight poetry collections, most recently ''Two Towns Over' (March 2018), which was selected as the winner of the Louise Bogan Award by Trio House Press. I am the Managing Editor of the Best of the Net Anthology and Ovenbird Poetry.

I am currently living and writing in Columbus, Ohio with my wife and children

1 Comments

Previous Post Next Post